If you have tested positive for HIV/AIDS and live in the Greater Cincinnati region, we are here to help.
What can Caracole do for me?
- Give you confidential services
- Explain HIV/AIDS – what your test results mean, what kind of treatment is available and how to access it
- Help you access benefits and medication
- If you qualify, provide a safe place for you to live or financial help for you and your family to live in your own home
- Help you access housing and other services if you need them
- Provide a safe, non-judgmental, confidential environment
What does it cost?
Services are free of charge, thanks to federal, state and city grants and donations from generous individuals, foundations and the United Way of Greater Cincinnati.
Am I eligible?
Caracole serves people of all income levels regardless of health insurance status. Our service area* includes:
Southwest Ohio: Adams, Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland and Warren counties
Northern Kentucky: Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, Mason and Pendleton counties
Southeast Indiana: Dearborn, Ohio and Union counties
* Individual programs are limited to certain counties.
To find out more about the specific programs and services we offer here at Caracole, please visit our Programs Page. To inquire about and register for services, please call us at (513) 761-1480 or email email@example.com
Your rights as a Caracole client.
Caracole wants to make sure that you and your friends and family are treated with respect. Your rights are listed below. If we have not lived up to this promise, we need you to let us know [PDF].
- RESPECT: You and your friends and family will be treated with respect and honor.
- FAIRNESS: You and your friends and family will not be treated differently because of your race, gender, sexual orientation, appearance, religion, spirituality, ethnicity, national origin, past history, military service, health or age.
- PRIVACY: You can expect to have your privacy protected. We won’t share your information without your permission.
- CARE: You and your friends and family have the right to receive high quality care at Caracole. In order to make that happen, we need you to stay involved with your service plan.
- COMMUNICATION: Our staff members will respond to your questions, concerns, and requests in a reasonable amount of time. We will provide services in your language using an interpreter if needed.
- ENDING SERVICES: You have the right to end services with Caracole at any time.
If we are no longer able to serve you as a Caracole client, we will explain the reasons why. You have the right to talk to us about ending services either in-person, by phone, or in writing. You have the right to be referred to another agency for services. You can always apply for services again.