Everyone deserves to be healthy!
At Caracole, we embrace and offer practical strategies to help prevent disease and promote health and well-being. We apply evidence-based approaches that reduce the health risks associated with drug use and other high-risk behaviors.
Our strategies include:
- Community outreach
- Education (see below)
- HIV/HCV testing
- PrEP assistance
- Safer sex education and kits
- Syringe services (including safer injection and overdose prevention supplies and treatment referrals).
Learn more about:
HEALTHY SEX | STI/STD | PREP | HARM REDUCTION
Our prevention team also provides comprehensive sexual health education in the community. We work with a variety of organizations to provide this education and have the ability to tailor the education sessions to specific groups.
If you are interested in education for yourself, friends or your organization, please contact us at 513.761.1480 or email@example.com.
For education requests, we'll need to know the following:
- What type of education are you looking for? Examples include: HIV 101, PrEP/PEP, STI, HCV, harm reduction, LGBTQ cultural competency, etc.
- Who is the audience? Examples include: community group, university, professional group, etc.
- Do you want CEUs provided?
- Where, when, and for how many people?
Condoms and Safer Sex Kits
Are you a community organization looking for condoms or safer sex kits? We can help. Please contact us at 513.761.1480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please have answers to the following questions ready:
- What type of condoms (size, traditional, inner) do you need?
- Do you need lube as well?
- Are you looking for individual condoms or safer sex kits?
- What quantity of condoms and/or safer sex kits do you need?
- When would you like to pick them up?
- Who are these condoms for? (youth, LGBTQ, PWID, etc.)
- Are these being requested for a special event? If so, what event?
- What county and/or state will these materials be distributed in?
- What, if any, educational materials would you like? (Caracole brochure, PrEP information, etc.)
Evidence Based Interventions
Our Caracole Prevention team provides three evidence based interventions (EBIs) that are approved by The Centers for Disease Control and designed to create and foster behavior change that can lead to safer and healthier sexual experiences.
As part of our growing commitment to end the opioid epidemic, we, in partnership with Hamilton County Public Health, are the first site-based syringe services program in the Greater Cincinnati region.
We are also working together alongside other organizations—both one on one and as part of the Ohio Opioid Education Alliance—to help better engage with non-injectors and non-opioid users around overdose prevention and naloxone trainings.
We also work to educate those living with HIV or affected by HIV about medical care, medication adherence, Ohio’s felonious assault statute, best practices for disclosure of status as well as other relevant topics.