HOUSING RETENTION SPECIALIST - Part Time
Evening, Overnight and weekend shifts.
Seeking a Housing Retention Specialist to assist individuals living with HIV and co-occurring disorders in a supportive housing program. This position is key in providing a safe and secure environment for tenants, with the goal to maximize self-sufficiency. Caracole is looking for an individual with proven ability to work with diverse populations independently and within a team, who communicates well and who can respond to crises in a professional manner.
Qualifications include a high school diploma or equivalent, work experience, and reliable transportation. We prefer basic knowledge about HIV/AIDS, addiction, and the needs of people experiencing homelessness as well as interest or knowledge about Harm Reduction and Housing First models. Hourly pay rate $14/hr.
HARM REDUCTION SERVICE COORDINATOR - Full Time
Seeking a Harm Reduction Service Coordinator to provide assertive, community based interventions and case management services for high risk HIV- and HIV+ individuals who inject drugs (PWIDs) in SW Ohio, N Kentucky, and SE Indiana. Provide outreach, HIV testing, education and intervention services directly to individuals at risk for contracting HIV. Link clients to resources, testing and education; facilitate access to medical care and medications, drug and/or alcohol treatment, syringe exchange programs, and holistic care resources; provide advocacy and psychosocial interventions.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, chemical dependency related field and/or 4 years commensurate experience. Must demonstrate sensitivity to persons living with chronic disease (HIV/AIDS and/or addiction) and co-existing social, mental and physical conditions. Basic knowledge of HIV/AIDS, substance abuse service networks, entitlement programs, medical and social community services. Ability to collaborate with staff, clients, families, community providers and multiple support systems. Must work well independently and be a strong member of a small team. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication and computer skills with dependable transportation.
- Provide outreach, HIV testing and education for high-risk HIV- and HIV+ individuals who abuse or are dependent upon drugs, including injection drug use
- Provide outreach services onsite in medical, substance abuse and corrections facilities.
- Provide education regarding harm reduction, HIV/AIDS, safer sex practices, medication adherence, linkage to medical care and safer IV drug use practices.
- Provide case management intervention services, including testing and education; initial assessments of service needs; and comprehensive individualized service planning, monitoring and revision.
- Utilize bio-psychosocial models related to successful HIV/AIDS care and engagement of PWIDs, with continuous assessment of client, target community and/or family members’ needs and support systems.
- Provide linkage to HIV/AIDS and/or substance abuse medical care by providing assistance in obtaining and maintaining health insurance, benefits/entitlement programs, and other sources of support for positive physical health.
- Serve as an advocate for the target populations, including serving as a liaison between clients, providers and the larger community.
- Effectively utilize a broad and comprehensive knowledge of community resources serving those living with HIV/AIDS and addiction, such as syringe exchange programs, use of Narcan, medical and mental health/substance abuse treatment providers.
- Represent Caracole in the community and, develop partnerships and strategies with service providers in the tri-state area.
- Adhere to the harm reduction model as it relates to individual client care and public health. Adhere to Caracole standards of care.
- Participate in quality management activities; individual/group/team supervision meetings and educational/training events.
- Maintain timely and accurate client and statistical records as required by regulatory or funding agencies and Caracole; meet all required deadlines for documentation.
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with Caracole team members.
- Identify and pursue educational opportunities to promote professional growth.
- Adhere to all rules, policies and regulations pertaining to privacy and confidentiality.
- Provide transportation when needed.
- Other duties assigned.
Please email, fax or mail cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources
4138 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45223
No phone calls, please. The process will take awhile; we will notify applicants once we have made a decision.
Caracole, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Caracole’s mission is to positively change
lives in the fight against HIV/AIDS through
prevention, housing and care.