Caracole has served the HIV/AIDS community for more than 30 years.
The agency’s mission is to positively change lives in the fight against HIV/AIDS through prevention, housing and care. For help, please call 513-761-1480. Our confidential programs include:
Caracole’s prevention program provides FREE, anonymous or confidential HIV and Hepatitis C (HCV) testing for the community. We conduct testing in our Northside office and on our mobile testing van throughout the Greater Cincinnati area. Additionally, we provide education and prevention services to at-risk populations. Our community outreach is focused on high-risk populations: men who have sex with men (MSM), people who inject drugs (PWID), and commercial sex workers.
- Free, rapid (results in 20 minutes) anonymous HIV testing
- Free, rapid (results in 15 minutes) confidential Hepatitis C (HCV) testing
- One-on-one counseling services for those living with or affected by HIV/AIDS
- Harm reduction services for people who inject drugs
- Prevention and educational services to community groups
Caracole can help pay rent, mortgage or utility costs in the short term, or help you get into safe, affordable housing with help with your first month’s rent and deposit.
HIV positive household member.
Able to demonstrate financial need based on income, budget and circumstances.
Resident of Hamilton, Butler, Clermont, Warren or Brown County in Ohio, or Dearborn, Ohio, or Union County in Indiana.
Caracole has long-term housing subsidies at our site-based Caracole House and scattered throughout the community with private landlords. Most of Caracole’s long-term subsidies are reserved for people experiencing homelessness.
If you are homeless, contact your shelter or street outreach worker to talk about the housing options available to you. If you need emergency shelter, call the Central Access Point (CAP) Line at (513) 381-SAFE (7233).
Free, confidential case-management services are available for individuals living with HIV/AIDS in the Greater Cincinnati area. People of all income levels (with and without medical insurance) are welcome to these services, which include:
- Individual support maintaining medical care and medication adherence
- Assistance with the cost of HIV medical care, medications, dental services, mental health care and health insurance premiums (income guidelines do apply)
- Referrals for substance abuse and/or mental health recovery
- Help accessing financial benefits or legal services
Our pharmacy services are convenient and confidential. Caracole contracts with Avita, a mail-order pharmacy that provides HIV and non-HIV medication to enrolled clients with automatic monthly refills and a 24/7 pharmacy help center. Through this service established by the 340B Drug Pricing Program, Caracole is able to offer co-pay assistance to all clients enrolled in our pharmacy services.